Doing The Right Thing vs. Doing It Righthttps://savethemarriage.com/stmblog/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 Lee H. Baucom, Ph.D. Lee H. Baucom, Ph.D. https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/669b7e375d93f77521ddaba08adb8063?s=96&d=blank&r=pg
Let me be very clear: I believe that working to save your marriage is heroic work. It is pretty counter-cultural in our world of “throw away.” We do it with stuff and relationships. And “No Fault Divorce” (better called “Unilateral Divorce”) has made it simple. Or at least it has been made to seem simple.
I also believe that working on saving a marriage is courageous. It’s pretty scary to be in the middle of a crisis, and to CHOOSE to work on the relationship. That is the definition of courage — feeling fear, and choosing to act, anyway.
And I watch their efforts fail. Their desire to change things is absolutely there. But the approach is in trouble. It kind of reminds me of deciding to diet, then choosing an ice-cream diet. Probably not going to get the results you want (although it does sound delicious).
Starting with the best of intentions is a great beginning point. But it has to be followed with an approach that works.
Let’s talk about Doing The Right Thing, AND Doing It The Right Way.
- Post Tags:
- Can Hypnosis Save My Marriage
- Can I Save Marriage By Myself
- Can I Save My Marriage By Myself
- Can I Save My Marriage If We Are Separated
- Can I Save My Marriage Without Counseling
- Can Therapy Save Your Marriage
- Can You Save A Failing Marriage
- Can You Save Your Marriage Alone
- Does Save The Marriage System Work
- How Can I Save My Marriage Nothing Seems To Work
- How Can You Save Marriage
- How To Save A Marriage In Trouble
- How To Save A Marriage On The Brink
- How To Save A Marriage That Is Falling Apart
- How To Save Failing Marriage
- How To Save Marriage 6 Unconventional Tips
- How To Save Marriage When Love Is Gone
- How To Save Marriage When Wife Wants Divorce
- How To Save Marriage Without Talking About It
- How To Save My Marriage On My Own
- how to save your marriage alone
- How To Save Your Marriage In 3 Simple Steps
- How To Save Your Marriage Podcast
- Posted In:
- Save Your Marriage Podcast
Dr. Baucom is internationally known for his methods and approaches to saving marriages. For over 25 years, Dr. Baucom has been helping people around the world to save, restore, and create the relationships they desire and deserve. He is the author of the book, How To Save Your Marriage In 3 Simple Steps, and creator of the Save The Marriage System, as well as numerous other resources.All stories by: Lee H. Baucom, Ph.D.