“Why Does It Hurt So Much?”https://savethemarriage.com/stmblog/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 Lee H. Baucom, Ph.D. Lee H. Baucom, Ph.D. https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/669b7e375d93f77521ddaba08adb8063?s=96&d=blank&r=pg
But she wasn’t sure why it was hurting so much.
Let’s be clear: a marital crisis is incredibly stressful, scary, and painful. It feels like everything you know is up in the air. Your life can feel like a train wreck.
During our discussion, I explained to the caller why it was so painful.
But I also explained the real danger of the pain: it can keep you from taking action. Kinda like touching a hot stove. You don’t want to do THAT again! Except that avoiding only makes things worse.
So, I also shared my thoughts on the need to switch from “Why” (“Why does it hurt?”) to “What” (“What do I do now?”)
I share my thoughts on why it hurts and what to do on this week’s podcast. Listen below.
- Post Tags:
- After Marriage Stomach Pain
- Dealing With Marriage Separation Pain
- Hurt And Marriage
- Hurt Anger Marriage
- Marriage And Pain
- Marriage Counseling Help Or Hurt
- Marriage Hurt Feelings
- Marriage Separation Pain
- Overcoming Relationship Pain
- Pain Of Betrayal Marriage
- Pain Of Failed Marriage
- Pain Of Marriage
- Pain Of Marriage Breakdown
- Pain Of Marriage Ending
- Pain Of Relationship Ending
- Pain When Relationship Ends
- Relationship Emotional Pain
- Relationship In Pain
- Relationship Pain Anxiety
- Relationship Separation Pain
- Saving A Marriage After Hurt
- When A Relationship Causes Pain
- Why Does Marriage Hurt So Much
- Posted In:
- Save Your Marriage Podcast
Dr. Baucom is internationally known for his methods and approaches to saving marriages. For over 25 years, Dr. Baucom has been helping people around the world to save, restore, and create the relationships they desire and deserve. He is the author of the book, How To Save Your Marriage In 3 Simple Steps, and creator of the Save The Marriage System, as well as numerous other resources.All stories by: Lee H. Baucom, Ph.D.